Install KnowledgeTree for Salesforce
Using the managed package URL install the KnowledgeTree for Salesforce.
- Check Salesforce configurations.
- Check to see if you restrict access to Salesforce via “Login IP Ranges”. If so, contact our customer success team for the KnowledgeTree IP Ranges.
- Check to see if you restrict access to fields based on Salesforce Profile. If so, users within these restricted profiles need “Visible” access to this list of fields.
- If you are using custom objects or custom Visualforce pages, please contact our customer success team.
- Configure your layouts to show our custom share activities.
Check the KnowledgeTree / Salesforce connection
Go to https://manager.knowledgetree.com and login using your Salesforce credentials
- Navigate to Settings
- Check the connection between KnowledgeTree and Salesforce. You’ll want to establish that connection using Salesforce admin credentials. This should happen automatically during the KnowledgeTree for Salesforce installation.
Invite your content managers to KnowledgeTree so they can add content.
In the Invite New Administrator card, enter the user’s Salesforce username and click Invite Administrator.
- Once invited, those users can login to KnowledgeTree by going to https://manager.knowledgetree.com and using their Salesforce credentials.
- Login to Salesforce and view an Opportunity. If you’ve added the KnowledgeTree Visualforce page to the Opportunities object, you should see the web page document listed in the KnowledgeTree section.
Well done! You’ve installed and tested KnowledgeTree. Your Sales and Marketing teams can now benefit from the right content at the right time.
You may want to also consider setting up a Vanity URL to have a customized address for your asset landing page that prospects see. Click here for information.