Why Disable Downloads for Reps?
KnowledgeTree enables your sales team to share assets with prospects by emailing a unique share link. There is no need for reps to download files and send as attachments. This provides several powerful benefits to both sales and marketing:
- Sales Efficiency: reps save time by sharing content directly from a Salesforce record with just a couple of clicks.
- Consistent Messaging: marketing can tie email templates to specific assets to ensure content is correctly and consistently positioned when shared externally.
- Deliverability: when reps send content from their own email address without attaching large files, it reduces spam filtering at prospect organizations.
- Prospect Experience: prospects can view, save, and re-share content with their peers from a customizable landing page, without downloading email attachments.
- Sales Effectiveness: reps are instantly alerted via email when prospects engage with content, enabling immediate follow-up while your product is top-of-mind.
- Marketing Visibility: KnowledgeTree aggregates sharing and engagement activity and provides powerful analytics to help better develop future content.
How to Enable/Disable Downloads
- In the KnowledgeTree Manager, go to Settings.
- Select Assets.
- On the Assets card, check/uncheck the Enable Downloads option:
- Changes will take effect immediately.
- The download icon will be shown/hidden for reps as per your selection.
- You can change this setting at any time.
Prospects still have the option to download assets on the linked landing page.